The Partnership has reformatted data gathered by the Virginia Economic Development Partnership on business activity in the Richmond, Virginia, metropolitan statistical area, including recently announced and/or opened businesses, expansions of existing businesses, those announcing employment reductions and business closings. This information is available as an Excel download below:
- This version includes only business activity in the Richmond, Virginia MSA.
- The figures presented in the fields “New Jobs” and “Jobs Lost” may not reflect total employment at that particular company.
- Not all businesses are included; only manufacturers and non-manufacturers with a substantial customer base outside of Virginia are listed.
- The data is based on announcements of planned employment creation and capital expenditures, or planned employment reductions or closings.
- Some of the new facilities announced are not yet in operation, and some of the announced facilities may have opened and then subsequently closed.
The information indicates the kind of economic activity occurring in the region; it does not measure total employment growth or capital investment.