- Representative Companies
- Occupations & Wages
- Educational Highlights
- Information & Communication Technologies
Firms in the Professional & Creative Services cluster provide services based on the skills and expertise of their employees. The cluster includes legal, engineering and other professional services; custom computer software and multimedia; specialized design services; and advertising.
Local companies in this cluster include Timmons Group and Froehling & Robertson (engineering services), Northrop Grumman (IT services), AgilQuest (business hoteling software), SyCom Technology (computer systems development) and the Martin Agency (advertising).
Subcategories of this cluster include:
- Richmond Region welcomes German-based UDS Urban Data Systems LLC
- CodeRVA announces new computer science high school
- IQ Business Group opens office in Henrico County
- Microsoft taps Whitlock as launch partner for Surface Studio
- CoStar CEO explains why companies are moving jobs to smaller cities
- Richmond Region welcomes CoStar Group
- Richmond Region welcomes Brazilian design firm Smuzi
- CapTech Announces Expansion into Columbus
- Schell Brothers launches new division in Richmond
- Hilb Group acquires Florida insurance agency
- Snagajob acquires PeopleMatter
- Cobb Technologies celebrates new headquarters
First TV Station in the South
In 1948 Richmond’s WTVR, Channel 6, CBS affiliate became the first TV station in the South.
First ISDN Phone Service
C&P Telephone (now Verizon), headquartered in Richmond, pioneered the nation’s first commercial (non-trial) Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) in 1988.
First Undergraduate Engineering Consulting Group
ChemEngine, the first and only undergraduate engineering consulting group in the nation, started in the summer of 1999. Since then, student-consultants have been solving real technical and engineering problems for real companies, for pay.