Greater Richmond is home to nearly 30 institutions of higher education, which train and supply the next generation of skilled professionals.
- Total enrollment is nearly 80,000.
- More than 16,000 degrees are conferred annually.
- Reynolds Community College offers degrees in Culinary Arts and Pastry Arts. The Culinary Arts program provides a comprehensive occupational-technical education and is intended to lead to employment as a culinarian within a variety of culinary, food service and retail paths.
- Culinard, the Culinary Institute of Virginia College is a top culinary school located in Richmond. The new Culinard immersion program offers intensive culinary school training in as few as 36 weeks.
- Stratford University offers a state-of-the-art culinary department with several programs awarding diplomas, Associate’s, and Bachelor’s degrees.
- Numerous local Technical Centers offer Culinary Arts Programs that prepare students for entry-level positions in the food service industry.