- Richmond Region’s Key Attributes
- Canadian Companies in the Region
- Connected Communities
- Local Companies in Canada
Canada is Virginia’s top trading partner and our proximity makes Richmond Region a perfect location for Canadian companies. About 1,500 Canada-born and almost 3,400 people of French Canadian ancestry reside in the Richmond area and there are nine Canadian companies. Even though Richmond Region is located only two hours away from the Canadian Embassy in Washington, D.C., the Honorary Consul for Canada is located in Richmond.
Ideally situated in the heart of the East Coast economic corridor, the Richmond metropolitan area encompasses nearly 14,807 square kilometers (5,717 square miles) and has a population of more than 1.2 million people.
The diverse local economy produces experienced and productive workers with the skills required for 21st century research, production, and headquarters operations. Greater Richmond offers the cultural and recreational opportunities of a large city with minimal traffic congestion and an average 25-minute commute.
Investments in the United States continue to be an excellent opportunity for international businesses looking to expand operations. The United States attracts capital not only because of lower taxes, but also because of greater U.S. consumer wealth and labor productivity.
The Greater Richmond Partnership has been assisting Canadian-based companies for the last 20 years, and is well equipped and well connected to guide your business through the steps necessary to establish your presence in the Richmond Region.
Canada-Related Business News
- GRP’s Matherly appointed to Port Task Force
- Henrico firm provides new direct mail service in Canada
- Canadian firm stakes a claim in Richmond
- Va. opens agricultural, forestry trade office in Canada
- Deep Run Attracts New Businesses, Spurs Hiring
- Minacs to Hire 250+ in Richmond, VA: Invites Applications
- Virginia Named America’s “Top State for Business” by CNBC