- Richmond Region’s Key Attributes
- Chinese Companies in the Region
- Connected Communities
- Local Companies in China
Nearly 6,000 native Chinese speakers live in the Richmond Region and the community keeps on growing. There are 12 Chinese companies in Virginia and seven are located in Greater Richmond, with the Shandong Tranlin Paper Co. recently announcing the largest greenfield investment in the USA. Numerous cultural ties connect our community to China through the sister-city relationship with the city of Zhengzhou and through partnerships with seven Chinese universities.
Ideally situated in the heart of the East Coast economic corridor, the Richmond metropolitan area encompasses nearly 14,807 square kilometers (5,717 square miles) and has a population of more than 1.2 million people.
The diverse local economy produces experienced and productive workers with the skills required for 21st century research, production, and headquarters operations. Greater Richmond offers the cultural and recreational opportunities of a large city with minimal traffic congestion and an average 25-minute commute.
Investments in the United States continue to be an excellent opportunity for international businesses looking to expand operations. The United States attracts capital not only because of lower taxes, but also because of greater U.S. consumer wealth and labor productivity.
The Greater Richmond Partnership has been assisting Chinese-based companies for the last 20 years, and is well equipped and well connected to guide your business through the steps necessary to establish your presence in the Richmond Region.
China-Related Business News
- Port of Virginia signs new, long-term lease
- Uptown Alley expanding upscale bowling concept to China
- GRP’s Matherly appointed to Port Task Force
- Zhejiang VIE Science and Technology Co. leads $10m raise for Evatran
- Chesterfield’s Tranlin paper mill expects to start early production in 2018
- McGuireWoods, FuJae Partners of Shanghai Form Strategic Alliance
- Chinese-based Tranlin breaks ground on $2b project
- Evatran receives $1.6m investment from Chinese parts manufacturer
- Tranlin sets up database for potential vendors of Chesterfield plant
- Rainbow Station signs first franchise partner in China
- Ocean carrier is offering a Richmond bill of lading
- Virginia Asian Chamber partners with two other groups to spur trade and investment