- Richmond Region’s Key Attributes
- German Companies in the Region
- Connected Communities
- Local Companies in Germany
Germany is well represented in the Richmond Region, representing nearly 20% of all the international firms and employment. In addition, there are over 130,000 people of German ancestry residing in the Richmond area. It is no surprise that German culture is thriving here, supported by numerous business and cultural clubs, and events. Richmond is home to the largest German-American Oktoberfest festival in the state of Virginia and “Gesangverein Virginia” (German for “Singing Association of Virginia”) is one of the oldest German clubs in the United States, founded in 1852.
Ideally situated in the heart of the East Coast economic corridor, the Richmond metropolitan area encompasses nearly 14,807 square kilometers (5,717 square miles) and has a population of more than 1.2 million people.
The diverse local economy produces experienced and productive workers with the skills required for 21st century research, production, and headquarters operations. Greater Richmond offers the cultural and recreational opportunities of a large city with minimal traffic congestion and an average 25-minute commute.
Investments in the United States continue to be an excellent opportunity for international businesses looking to expand operations. The United States attracts capital not only because of lower taxes, but also because of greater U.S. consumer wealth and labor productivity.
The Greater Richmond Partnership has been assisting German-based companies for the last 20 years, and is well equipped and well connected to guide your business through the steps necessary to establish your presence in the Richmond Region.
Germany-Related Business News
- Richmond Region welcomes German-based UDS Urban Data Systems LLC
- Germany-based manufacturer iMPREG Group announces facility in Henrico
- Port of Virginia signs new, long-term lease
- Engel & Völkers officially launches Richmond brokerage
- GRP’s Matherly appointed to Port Task Force
- Evonik Industries opens new business and innovation center in Chesterfield
- Siemens donating $2B in software to 7 Va. colleges
- Evonik keeps innovating, growing
- Aldi discount grocery chain targets Richmond area
- Rising confidence in local business climate gains interest of international firms
- Harris Williams & Co. expands presence in Europe
- German businesses explore development opportunities