- Richmond Region’s Key Attributes
- UK Companies in the Region
- Connected Communities
- Local Companies in the UK
For businesses in the United Kingdom, Greater Richmond seems like a second home.
Virginia was settled by the Virginia Company, a for-profit entity established by the British government. Richmond’s future location at the falls of the James River was noted in 1607 and the city was founded in 1737 to serve as a central marketplace and collection point for Virginia exports to England. The City of Richmond was named after a reminiscent view from Richmond upon Thames.
Ideally situated in the heart of the East Coast economic corridor, the Richmond metropolitan area encompasses nearly 14,807 square kilometers (5,717 square miles) and has a population of over 1.2 million people.
The diverse local economy produces experienced and productive workers with the skills required for 21st century research, production, and headquarters operations. Greater Richmond offers the cultural and recreational opportunities of a large city with minimal traffic congestion and an average 25-minute commute.
Investments in the United States continue to be an excellent opportunity for international businesses looking to expand operations. The United States attracts capital not only because of lower taxes, but also because of greater U.S. consumer wealth and labor productivity.
The Greater Richmond Partnership has been assisting UK-based companies for the last 20 years, and is well equipped and well connected to guide your business through the steps necessary to establish your presence in the Richmond Region.
UK-related Business News
- UK manufacturing company Pryor Technology selects Richmond Region
- Compare.com now offering comparisons on bundled auto/homeowner insurance
- Port of Virginia signs new, long-term lease
- GRP’s Matherly appointed to Port Task Force
- UK-based Detectamet chooses Henrico for North American operations
- Elephant Insurance to add 1,173 jobs at Henrico headquarters
- Packaging company Liqui-Box finishes UK plant additions
- UK firm ramps up business in Ashland
- Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals spun-off from parent
- Anord Control Systems targets U.S. markets
- Ireland-based Anord announces 70 new jobs for Henrico
- Rising confidence in local business climate gains interest of international firms