Greater Richmond offers a variety of business incubators and executive office options for start-ups and other small businesses. Some of these are described below.
- Advantech - Maggie L. Walker Business and Technology Center - is a non-profit small business incubator owned by the City of Richmond Industrial Development Authority. Rents are below market rate and space is available on a monthly basis for one to three years.
- Piascik Passport International Incubator specializes in European firms and provides services including legal, tax, recruiting and staffing assistance.
- Dominion Resources Innovation Center, located in the Town of Ashland in Hanover County, focuses on growing seed and early stage technology companies. Prospective entrepreneurs have access to support services including business and technology experts from Dominion Resources, expert advice from a business advisory board, assistance with strategy development and business planning, discounted professional services, and introductions to sources of grant and investment capital.
- The Virginia Biosciences Development Center (VBDC) at the Virginia BioTechnology Research Park is a 27,000 square-foot incubator facility that assists bioscience start-up and early-stage companies. The VBDC offers discounted professional services, tailored business mentoring boards, and entrepreneurial education programs. The Park is also home to the Virginia Biosciences Commercialization Center that assists post-incubation companies with bringing products and services to market in the US.
- BizWorks Enterprise Center is a non-profit small business incubator with 4,500 square meters (50,000 square feet) of office, manufacturing, warehouse and storage space. Tenants share administrative services, business machines and common areas, including a conference room and resource center. BizWorks also can provide business counseling, training courses and general business advisory services.
- Rivers Bend East Office and Technology Center is a 42-acre complex featuring 5,526 square meters (61,400 square feet) of laboratory space containing 47 laboratories -- half wet and half dry. In addition, there is 4,563 square meters (50,700 square feet) of conditioned process pilot/scale up space. The 12,510 square-meter (139,000 square-foot) office building includes a cafeteria, lecture hall and training and fitness centers.
- Business Center International is a full-service office business center with over 20 years of experience servicing the local business community. BCI offers furnished offices, meeting rooms, administrative support, and telecommunication services including high-speed Internet, telephone connections and video conferencing facilities.
- Virginia Center for Architecture Small Business Incubator, located in the historic Tudor-Revival mansion on Richmond’s Monument Avenue, offers office space as well as turnkey office technologies including desktop computing, Email, electronic faxing, telephone services, and Internet connectivity. A receptionist, utilities, furniture, and small conference space is provided.
- 80Amps, located in the Carytown neighborhood in Richmond, is a small business incubator that offers market analysis, human resource assistance, and financial and legal assistance services. 80Amps recently formed a partnership with the powerful adverstising firm, the Martin Agency, who in turn, helps mentor incubator participants.
- Lighthouse Labs is an accelerator for start-ups, meaning it helps high-growth start-ups get off the ground through advice, mentship, funding, collaboration and office space.
- New Richmond Ventures is a venture capital development firm formed by some of the region's most successful and acclaimed business leaders. NRV provides a $250,000 minimum invesment and mentorship to start-ups with big ideas that show the promise of business potential on a national or global scale.
- RichTech, also known as Richmond's Technology Council, is a non-profit association that is dedicated to the development of an infrastructure that supports the continued growth of existing technology industries and identifies the Greater Richmond region as a location of choice for new and emerging technology companies.
- TechHatch educates teens in technology and entrepreneurship through hands-on mentorship and experiential learning. We provide a free 8-week summer program for local high school students that takes them from the generation of their idea to the creation of their own technology product.
- New Dominion Angels is an investor group that was formed to capitalize on small start-ups which are invited on a monthly basis to pitch businesses ideas. The fund's goal is to seek a 10-time return ($1,000 back for each $100 invested) over three to five years.
- 804RVA is a membership-based organization that provides its members with varying levels of coworking zones including private offices, collaborative spaces, semi-private work areas and conference rooms. It also offers networking events and educational classes.
- Acclaim Business Suites offers a professional work environment ideal for mobile executives, small businesses, professional services firms and independent contractors. Its executive office suites, located in Midlothian, offer security, housekeeping services, and other benefits that are usually reserved for larger offices.
Gather was founded so that local entrepreneurs will have a professional and affordable office setting that facilitates the creation and growth of small businesses in the Richmond Area.