The five-year economic development activities of the Partnership resulted in 6,904 new jobs and nearly $2 billion in new capital investment in the Richmond region. The Partnership reviewed its 2004-2009 budget cycle results as well as its 2008-2009 Annual Report at its 15th Annual Investors Meeting held at Bass Pro Shops in Hanover County. Over 120 people, including investors, elected officials, assisted business and Partnership allies, attended and enjoyed the networking, the unique atmosphere and food, like the spicy alligator.
Presentations that evening were given by:
- Gail Letts, President of the Central Virginia Region at SunTrust Banks, Inc., who serves as the Partnership’s board Chair,
- Greg Wingfield, President and CEO of the Partnership,
- Gene Winter, Senior Vice President, Business Development, and
- Sara Dunnigan, Senior Vice President, Existing Business Services/Talent Development.
Below are links to the presentation, photos, press release and videos.
- Event photos
- Press release
- Presentation slides
- Andrew Rose, Elephant Auto Insurance, Business Attraction video
- Steve Samuel, Graphics Gallery, Business First video
- Wynne Reese, DRIVE SMART VIRGINIA, RichmondJobNet video
Richmond Grid magazine provided additional coverage of the event in their recent article.