Greater Richmond Partnership welcomes new Board leadership
RICHMOND, Va. – Henrico Supervisor Patricia S. O’Bannon transitioned into the Chair of The Greater Richmond Partnership (GRP) Board of Directors for the 2014-2015 fiscal year. O’Bannon succeeds Charles R. Samuels, President of the Richmond City Council. Bobby Ukrop, President and CEO of Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods, was elected Vice Chair of the Board.
The Partnership welcomes three new members of the private sector to the Board:
- Bobby Ukrop, President and CEO of Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods
- Steven Markel, Vice Chairman of Markel Corporation
- Daniel Weekley, Vice President – Corporate Affairs of Dominion Resources
The following representatives will continue to serve on the GRP’s 2014-15 Board of Directors
Public Sector – Board Members
- Daniel A. Gecker, member of the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors
- Angela Kelly-Wiecek, member of the Hanover County Board of Supervisors
- Patricia S. O’Bannon, Chair of the Henrico County Board of Supervisors
- Charles R. Samuels, President of the Richmond City Council
Public Sector – Board Alternates
- Cecil R. “Rhu” Harris Jr., Hanover County Administrator
- Byron C. Marshall, City of Richmond Chief Administrative Officer
- James L. “Jay” Stegmaier, Chesterfield County Administrator
- John Vithoulkas, Henrico County Manager
William C. Broaddus, Partner at McGuireWoods, LLP, will continue his services as General Counsel for the Partnership. Two Partnership officers, Gregory H. Wingfield, President and CEO, and Anita Saunders, Corporate Secretary, were re-elected to their positions.
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. was launched in 1994 as a pioneering regional public-private initiative to serve as the regional economic development group for the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico. The mission is to help grow the regional economy through the attraction of high quality jobs and new capital investment, the retention of existing businesses, and the continued improvement of the region's business climate. Please visit www.grpva.com.