One of the Richmond area’s key advantages for businesses is its strategic location on the East Coast’s longest thoroughfare, Interstate 95. Companies not only have an advantage of being well connected to various transportation methods, but residents enjoy an average 23-minute commute to professional destinations.
- Ideally situated in the heart of the East Coast economic corridor, midway between Maine and Florida.
- More than 45 percent of the U.S. population is within a day’s drive of the area.
- 500 miles to Boston and established Northeast markets, as well as, to Atlanta and Southeast markets.
- Washington, D.C., the nation’s capital and the location of embassies, consulates, and international organizations, is only 100 miles away.
- More than 100 motor freight companies and brokers serve the area, including specialists in heavy hauling, overdimensional loads, and liquid or dry bulk.
- Fast shipping access is readily available with a UPS Freight home office in the City of Richmond and both FedEx and UPS regional hubs in the region.
- There are more than 40 courier service companies — scheduled and rush, local, intrastate, and interstate.
Distance From Other Cities
|City & State||Miles||Kilometers||Driving Time (hours)|
|Kansas City, MO||1,070||1,722||16.50|
|New York, NY||332||534||6.20|
|Oklahoma City, OK||1,292||2,079||19.50|
|St. Louis, MO||824||1,326||13.20|
Source: Driving distances and times are from MapQuest and are based on (1) using Interstate Highways as much as possible; (2) Driving the legal speed limit; and (3) Taking the route with the lowest travel time.