Your transition to the U.S. is a big step toward expanding your company’s business. The Greater Richmond Partnership offers several services that can help you adjust to your new life, including:
- Custom research based on the company’s parameters and data requirements (workforce, business costs, transportation, suppliers, taxes, incentives)
- Site location assistance and real estate tours
- Introductions to government officials and community leaders
- Relocation services for company employees
- Start-up services such as employee recruitment
Visa Information & Requirements
- B-1 Business Visitor – allows for an initial stay of 6 months and can be extended for another 6 months but is not applicable to the construction industry and payment must come from a foreign business.
- H-B1 (Specialty Occupation Workers) – for foreign employees with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Initial stay is for up to 3 years with the possibility of an extension.
- H-2A and H-2B Temporary Workers – for skilled and unskilled temporary workers, good for 1 year with the possibility of an extension. Eligible for part-time employment.
- H-3 Temporary Trainees – must be enrolled in an acceptable training program and can stay up to 2 years.
- L-1A Executive/Manager – employee must be transferring from abroad to the US within the same company and may be opening a new office. Initial stay is for 1 year with the possibility of extensions (maximum 7 years).
- L-1B Specialized Knowledge – employee must be transferring from abroad within the same company and may be opening a new office. Initial stay is for 1 year with the possibility of extensions (maximum 5 years).
- Visa (Outstanding Ability) – for people with an outstanding ability in arts, athletics, science, or business. Can legally stay for 3 years or the duration of the event.
- TN – for Canadian and Mexican citizens who work in selected fields and industries. Initial stay can last from 1 to 3 years with the possibility of unlimited renewals.
More Information About International Concierge