The Richmond Region is home to nearly 30 institutions of higher education, which train and supply the next generation of skilled professionals.
- Total higher-education enrollment is nearly 80,000 with more than 16,000 degrees conferred annually.
- More than 4,000 information technology-related degrees are awarded annually at schools within 100 miles of Richmond, ranging from certificates to PhDs.
- Local universities offer a range of bachelors, masters, and PhD programs in a variety of subjects including computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information security, and IT management.
- Community college programs include programming, Cisco networking, network engineering, web design, technical support, and more.
- Several private, for-profit colleges such as ECPI and South University offer programs with flexible course schedules which are ideally suited to adults seeking continuing education opportunities.