Chesterfield Supervisor Haley to serve as Vice Chair
RICHMOND, VA – The Board of Directors of the Greater Richmond Partnership (“GRP”), the lead regional economic development group serving the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico, announces the appointment of Buck Stinson, Senior Vice President, Small Business Card of Capital One, as chair of the organization. Stinson takes the helm of GRP following Hanover County Board of Supervisor Angela Kelly-Wiecek. Leslie T. Haley, Vice Chair of the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors, was named Vice Chair of GRP.
The GRP is a public-private non-profit that markets the Richmond Region as a business location and recruits new companies to the area by targeting specific industry clusters. The Board is a mixture of local elected officials and representatives of the GRP’s 115 corporate investors.
“We’re very excited that Capital One’s Buck Stinson, the area’s largest private employer, will be leading our Board of Directors this fiscal year,” said Barry Matherly, President and CEO of the GRP.
The following are the officers and members of the GRP Board of Directors for fiscal year 2018-2019, which began July 1:
Buck Stinson, Chair
Leslie T. Haley, Vice Chair
John D. O’Neill Jr., General Counsel, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
Barry I. Matherly, President & CEO
Anita Saunders, Corporate Secretary
Public Sector representatives include:
- Leslie T. Haley, Vice Chair, Board of Supervisors, Chesterfield County
- Chris Hilbert, President, Richmond City Council
- Angela Kelly-Wiecek, Board of Supervisors, Hanover County
- Patricia S. O’Bannon, Board of Supervisors, Henrico County
Private Sector representatives include:
- Salvatore Mancuso, Senior Vice President – Finance and Procurement, Altria Group
- Buck Stinson, Senior Vice President, Small Business Card, Capital One
- Bobby Ukrop, President & CEO, Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods
- Charlene Whitfield, Vice President – Distribution Operations, Power Delivery Group, Dominion Energy
Alternate representatives include:
- Joseph P. Casey, County Administrator, Chesterfield County
- Selena Cuffee-Glenn, Chief Administrator Officer, City of Richmond
- Rhu Harris, Administrator, Hanover County
- John Vithoulkas, County Manager, Henrico County
Ex-Officio members include:
- Phillip Avant, Central Va. Market President, Commercial Banking Team Leader, SunTrust Bank
- John D. O’Neill Jr., Partner, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
About the GRP
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. (GRP) is the lead regional public-private economic development organization for the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico in Virginia. GRP recruits companies from all over the globe which provide employment opportunities and taxable capital investment for the community. For more information, visit www.grpva.com.
# # #