Greater Richmond Partnership welcomes new Board leadership
(July 22, 2013) RICHMOND, Va. – CapTech President G. Slaughter Fitz-Hugh has been elected the Chair of The Greater Richmond Partnership (GRP) Board of Directors for the 2013-2014 fiscal year. Fitz-Hugh succeeds Daniel Gecker, Chairman of the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors.
The Partnership welcomes three new members to the Board:
- Charles R. Samuels, President of the Richmond City Council, succeeded Kathy Graziano in January following Council elections. Samuels, also elected as the GRP Board Vice Chair, has been serving on our board since the changeover earlier in the year.
- Jerry Fox, Partner at Cherry Bekaert LLP, joins the Board of Directors for the first time. Cherry Bekaert is private sector investor in the Partnership.
- John Vithoulkas, Henrico County Manager, has served on the Board since succeeding Virgil R. Hazelett in January.
The GRP would like to thank the outgoing Board members for their service:
- Kathy Graziano served on the Board of Directors for the last four years, succeeding William Pantele as President of the City Council.
- Virgil R. Hazelett, a 19-year veteran and revered member of the GRP’s board, retired in January as Henrico County Manager.
- Tracy Kemp Stallings, COO at HCA CJW Medical Center, has served on the Board for the past two years as an Alternate member.
The following representatives will serve on the GRP’s 2013-14 Board of Directors
Private Sector – Board Members
- Robert P. DeLille, CEO at Creative
- Slaughter Fitz-Hugh, President, CapTech
- Ned W. Massee, Vice President of Corporate Affairs at MWV
- T. Justin (Jay) Moore, Partner at Hunton & Williams, LLP
Public Sector – Board Members
- Daniel Gecker, Chair of the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors
- Angela Kelly-Wiecek, member of the Hanover County Board of Supervisors
- Patricia S. O’Bannon, member of the Henrico County Board of Supervisors
- Charles Samuels, President of the Richmond City Council
Private Sector – Board Alternates
- Katherine Busser, Executive Vice President of Capital One
- Jerry Fox, Partner at Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Doug Roth, Senior Vice President / Area Executive at BB&T
- Kim Scheeler, President of Greater Richmond Chamber
Public Sector – Board Alternates
- Cecil R. “Rhu” Harris Jr., Hanover County Administrator
- Byron C. Marshall, City of Richmond Chief Administrative Officer
- James L. Stegmaier, Chesterfield County Administrator
- John Vithoulkas, Henrico County Manager
William C. Broaddus, Partner at McGuireWoods, LLP, will continue his services as General Counsel for the Partnership.
Two Partnership officers, Gregory H. Wingfield, President and CEO, and Anita Saunders, Corporate Secretary, were re-elected to their positions.
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. was launched in 1994 as a pioneering regional public-private initiative to serve as the regional economic development group for the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico. The mission is to help grow the regional economy through the attraction of high quality jobs and new capital investment, the retention of existing businesses, and the continued improvement of the region's business climate. Please visit www.grpva.com.
Slaughter Fitz-Hugh photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/grpva/9298591037/