Altria Group’s Mancuso to serve as Vice Chair
RICHMOND, VA – The Board of Directors of the Greater Richmond Partnership (“GRP”), the lead regional economic development group serving the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico, announces the appointment of Leslie A.T. Haley, Chair of the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors, as chair of the organization. Haley takes the helm of GRP following Capital One’s Buck Stinson. Sal Mancuso, Senior Vice President – Finance and Procurement of Altria Group, Inc., was named Vice Chair of GRP.
The GRP is a public-private non-profit that markets the Richmond Region as a business location and recruits new companies to the area by targeting specific industry clusters. The Board is a mixture of local elected officials and representatives of the GRP’s 120 corporate investors.
Lara L. Fritts, incoming President and CEO of the GRP, will become an officer on the Board upon her start date on Aug. 12, replacing Jennifer Wakefield.
The following are the officers and members of the GRP Board of Directors for fiscal year 2019-2020, which began July 1:
Leslie T. Haley, Chair
Sal Mancuso, Vice Chair
John D. O’Neill Jr., General Counsel, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
Jennifer Wakefield, Interim President & CEO
Anita Saunders, Corporate Secretary
Public Sector representatives include:
- Leslie T. Haley, Chair, Board of Supervisors, Chesterfield County
- Dr. Cynthia I. Newbille, President, Richmond City Council
- Angela Kelly-Wiecek, Board of Supervisors, Hanover County
- Patricia S. O’Bannon, Board of Supervisors, Henrico County
Private Sector representatives include:
- Sal Mancuso, Senior Vice President – Finance and Procurement, Altria Group
- Buck Stinson, Senior Vice President, U.S. Card Partnerships, Capital One
- Bobby Ukrop, President & CEO, Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods
- Charlene Whitfield, Vice President – Distribution Operations, Power Delivery Group, Dominion Energy
Alternate representatives include:
- Dr. Joseph P. Casey, County Administrator, Chesterfield County
- Selena Cuffee-Glenn, Chief Administrative Officer, City of Richmond
- Rhu Harris, County Administrator, Hanover County
- John Vithoulkas, County Manager, Henrico County
Ex-Officio members include:
- Phillip Avant, Central Va. Market President, Commercial Banking Team Leader, SunTrust Bank
About the GRP
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. (GRP) is the lead public-private economic development organization for the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico in Virginia. GRP recruits companies from all over the globe which provide employment opportunities and taxable capital investment for the community. For more information, visit www.grpva.com.
# # #