Capital One’s Stinson to serve as Vice Chair
RICHMOND, VA – The Board of Directors of the Greater Richmond Partnership, the regional economic development group serving the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico, announces the appointment of Angela Kelly-Wiecek, Chair of the Hanover County Board of Supervisors, as chair of the organization. Buck Stinson, Senior Vice President, Small Business Card of Capital One, was named Vice Chair.
Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods’ President/CEO Bobby Ukrop served as Chair of the Partnership for two consecutive years, while Kelly-Wiecek served as Vice Chair of the Partnership.
“We cherished Bobby’s leadership and consistency during the past two years and are thrilled that Angela has succeeded him in the position,” said Barry Matherly, President/CEO of the Partnership. “Her experience as a marketing professional will help drive our organization’s mission of promoting the Richmond Region around the world.”
The following are the officers and members of the 2017-2018 Board of Directors:
Angela Kelly-Wiecek, Chair
Buck Stinson, Vice Chair
Barry I. Matherly, President & CEO
Anita Saunders, Corporate Secretary
John D. O’Neill Jr., General Counsel, Hunton & Williams LLP
Public Sector representatives include:
- Leslie T. Haley, Vice Chair, Board of Supervisors, Chesterfield County
- Angela Kelly-Wiecek, Chair, Board of Supervisors, Hanover County
- Chris Hilbert, President, Richmond City Council
- Patricia S. O’Bannon, Chair, Board of Supervisors, Henrico County
Private Sector representatives include:
- Salvatore Mancuso, Senior Vice President – Strategy, Planning and Procurement, Altria Group
- Buck Stinson, Senior Vice President, Small Business Card, Capital One
- Bobby Ukrop, President & CEO, Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods
- Charlene Whitfield, Vice President – Customer Service, Dominion Energy
Alternate representatives include:
- Selena Cuffee-Glenn, Chief Administrator Officer, City of Richmond
- Rhu Harris, Administrator, Hanover County
- Joseph P. Casey, County Administrator, Chesterfield County
- John Vithoulkas, County Manager, Henrico County
Dominion Energy’s Charlene Whitfield is the newest member of the Board and replaces her colleague Dan Weekley.
About the Partnership
The Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. is the lead economic development organization for the City of Richmond and counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico. The Partnership impacts the Richmond Region by recruiting companies from all over the globe, which provide employment opportunities and taxable capital investment for our local community. For more information, please visit www.grpva.com.
# # #